My name is Shana Defnet Ledvina, and I am proud to represent District One on the De Pere City Council.
When my husband and I got married, we knew without a doubt that we wanted to raise our family in De Pere. We feel lucky to live in a beautiful community with a historic and active downtown, great shops and restaurants, fantastic parks, excellent schools, and superior public services. We know that De Pere will be home to us for many years to come!
As De Pere Clerk-Treasurer for 7 years, I am knowledgeable in all aspects of City Government. I am passionate about public service and committed to seeing that De Pere continues to be a quality of life leader in Brown County. I am committed to communication, community engagement, and being a voice for District One residents at the council level. I hope to find new ways to engage residents in thoughtful decision-making. You have a say in how our city grows and progresses, and I think it’s important that we collectively continue to look for ways to improve our overall quality of life to make De Pere an even more desirable community to live in.
In my spare time I enjoy spending time with family and friends, long distance running, podcasts (especially true crime), reading, traveling, knitting and crocheting, being outdoors, cooking and culinary experiences, farmers markets, and living life to the fullest.
Click here to learn more about the issues that I care about.
- Brown County Historical Society Board Member
- Treasurer of ProjectVote of Brown County
- Volunteer with Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Volunteer with the Coalition of Voting Organizations of Brown County
- Volunteer with the Green Bay Running Club (Treasurer 2013-2020)
- 2015 Leadership Green Bay Graduate
B.S. Communication Studies, emphasis in Public Relations and Organizational Communication, University of Wisconsin – La Crosse (1999-2005)
- Brown County Historical Society
- De Pere Historical Society
- Brown County Beekeepers Association
- Neville Public Museum
- Children’s Museum of Green Bay
- NEW Zoo